Knowing how to disable WhatsApp pop-up notifications comes in handy when info bars become a problem. Because the messaging application offers more than 3 ways to notify when there is a new message. Another way to check your messages is through Google assistant.
One of them is the appearance of pop-up windows on the screen, which in many cases can be inconvenient or obstruct the activity on the computer. For this reason, the App proceeded to adapt the function.
It is very important to admit that deactivation does not require external elements, it only consists of making certain adjustments in the configuration panels. Here’s how to do it. Keep reading!
A step-by-step guide to disable WhatsApp pop-up notifications
A pop-up window is understood to be the notification that suddenly appears on the screen when a new message arrives. This function can precede any application or procedure, even during video playback.
This goes parallel to whether the equipment is off or on. However, if you want to deactivate WhatsApp pop-up notifications, you will have to do the following steps:
- Access the WhatsApp application to enter the menu, which would be the three dots horizontally located on the upper right side of the screen.
- When pressing, a list of options will be displayed, the one to be chosen is called “Settings”. Immediately, the user will be directed to a menu with all the operational sections of the App.
- Then, locate the button that says “Notifications” in the list, to select “Pop-up notifications” again. If you look closely, it is a button that is repeated, since the deactivation goes for individual conversations or for groups.
- When deciding which one to deactivate, proceed to access that option in the correct panel. There will appear a box with the permission to disable or enable, at the end press the “Accept” button.
Another way to keep your chats or notifications private is by setting passwords to conversations or chats.
Is the process to disable WhatsApp pop-up notifications the same for iOS?
The answer is no, as they are different operating systems, the procedure to deactivate WhatsApp pop-up notifications is totally different and is based on the following:
- The first thing is to access the phone settings as such and locate the option that says “Notifications”. The button is in the left area of the screen.
- Once inside, a list with all the App will be displayed, the one that says “WhatsApp” will be located, click. Immediately, another list will appear, scroll down and select the one that says ” Notice Styles “.
- Finally, a new information box will appear where the user will have to choose the one that says “None”. In this way, the WhatsApp pop-up notifications will have been disabled.
Can you disable WhatsApp pop-up notifications on Android Marshmallow?
Many users have asked this question since it is a famous operating system among a certain target of customers. Most of these computers have Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
Like the remaining versions, WhatsApp allows you to disable WhatsApp pop-up notifications through a particular but simple procedure. This is characterized by the following:
- Once the screen is turned on, the user will have to enter the phone’s settings and locate the one that says “Notifications” in the list of options.
- Then, scroll down until you select the one that says “WhatsApp”, enter your advanced system. Upon entering, an option that says ” Block all ” will be activated.
It is very important to know that by selecting this option, the deactivation of the emission of pop-up windows in WhatsApp will take effect. If it continues to appear, it is important that the user repeat the process again, if not contact specialized help.
If, on the other hand, you have the problem that notifications or WhatsApp messages do not appear or do not reach you, you can review all the steps mentioned and reverse them if you have activated them inadvertently.