Although there is no sure way to remove Instagram ads completely, these methods will drastically reduce how often you see them.
Over time, Instagram has become one of the most popular social networks of the moment, with a number of users that is increasing more and more. The platform has introduced ads and a non-chronological feed, so paid publications abound in the feeds of those who enter the app. Today, scrolling through Instagram feels like walking past some billboards on a highway or being in a shopping mall.
It is very likely that this will displease you and make you not spend as much time on the platform as you would like. That is why, to help you solve this annoying situation, we have prepared a simple guide with some methods to remove Instagram ads. You can not lose this!
You can remove Instagram ads quickly and easily
There are several methods that you can use to remove Instagram ads, like hiding and reporting specific ads within the social network or blocking certain accounts. However, you should know that, although removing ads on Instagram completely is impossible, if you can limit or block annoying and irrelevant advertising every time you see it.
Look also | When will we see advertising on WhatsApp
This can help make a noticeable difference and improve your experience when using the application, so it’s worth a try. The three methods that we will present below are quite easy to apply and will be very useful.
Hide Instagram ads
If you are using Instagram and you find an ad particularly bothersome or repetitive, you can easily hide it by following these steps:
- If while checking your feed you come across a sponsored post that you don’t like, click on it three point menu in the upper right corner.
- Then, click on Hide ad.
- When asked why are you hiding this ad? select the most suitable option from the list. This is to help Instagram better guide your in-app advertising experience in the future.
- Mark it as inappropriate or irrelevant it will make it less likely that the ad will appear in your feed again. * Selecting a different option can simply reduce how often you see it.
You can also report the ads
To report an ad that you consider inappropriate or misleading within the social network, there is also a solution. All you have to do is complete the following steps:
- Click on the three point menu in the upper right corner of the post.
- Then, click on Report the ad.
- Next, you will have to select the reason you are refueling the ad. However, be very careful not to misreport an ad if it is not actually violating any rules.
Try blocking brand accounts
The last way to remove Instagram ads is to block the sender’s account. Perhaps it is a somewhat radical decision, but one that can end, at least in part, with the nightmare of the commercials. These are the steps you will have to follow:
- When you see the ad, click on the name of the company or brand at the top of the sponsored post to go to their profile.
- Then, click on the three point menu in the upper right corner of the profile.
- Click on the option To block.
- You will then be presented with two options: if you want to block only the selected profile or if you want to block any other profile that the company can create in the future. Select the first option and click on Block.
- Of course, this will remove only ads from one page and you will have to repeat the same steps for any other account from which you do not want to see their ads.
Now that you know how to hide ads, you should check out how to add or remove payment methods on Instagram.