Microsoft Publisher, which was previously known as Microsoft Office Publisher, has established itself as one of the most popular and used computer applications within those offered by the Microsoft company within its toolkit.
It is also known as a program, which seeks to provide a history which is simple to edit, something quite similar to its sister product Word.
Within its options, we can find different creation options such as designing logos, personalization and in turn with a simple way so that it is shared easily. Likewise, within its options, it has a wide variety of publications, as well as ideal marketing material for all those who wish to make catalogs of the products and services they wish to offer in the market.
Within its tools, it also includes various templates, installed and likewise some to be customized and downloaded which are easily accessible from its official website.
How to insert a table of contents
If you are in the task of inserting a table of contents into a Publisher publication, this action may require a little more work, with which we want to help you.
To start you must add a text box, in addition to a series of tabs that must be aligned just on the right side with padding.
As for those characters that have a fill, we refer to points, hyphens or even lines, which usually appear just after the chapter and section titles. All this is included in a table of contents which we will teach you to insert in this post.
In order to insert a table of contents, you must follow the following steps:
- Placing yourself right on the Home tab, you must proceed to click on the option to Draw text box.
- Right inside the publication, you must proceed to click on the space where you want the table of contents to be placed. We recommend at this point that it be right, in a corner of the text, so that it, after that, can be dragged diagonally, until you can take it to the box it has just the size you want.
- This is the moment in which you must write the title that the table of contents that you are going to insert will have, and then press the ENTER key.
- Next, on the horizontal ruler, you must double click on the part where you want it to appear, the number of pages.
- Placing yourself in the dialog box, you must select its Tabs and Alignments. After that, proceed to click on the right button, and here, you will be able to choose the style with which you want said section to be filled. After that, you must click on the Accept button.
- Here and to finish you must write the entry that your table of contents will have.
Advantages of using Microsoft Publisher
Thanks to its new updates, its users have new and great experiences, which provide them with a new and dynamic vision with which you can create multiple files and easy-to-use documents for your tasks.
You will also be able to obtain an improved preview of all your documents, making the view of them and their accesses easier when editing them.
Thanks to its updates you will be able to connect with all your clients, thanks to its very modern personalization of publications, with which you will also have the opportunity to convert all your publications into PDF or XPS format.
Its design tools are designed in such a way that it helps you simplify the process of creating all your publications, so you can save time and effort.
Its many new features help you take advantage of space and its resources, so you can get the most out of the time you have invested in said work.