Microsoft Office is a package of programs designed to cover an entire network of services such as desktop applications and computer systems. The Microsoft Office system provides its services for Microsoft Windows, iOS and Android, which makes it possible to use Microsoft Office for free online.
Among the programs offered by Microsoft Office we can find, Microsoft Word (It allows to develop text works), Microsoft PowerPoint (It develops templates for presentations in video beam), Microsoft Excel (formation of Spreadsheets), Microsoft Access (allows the user to develop Records such as databases), Microsoft Outlook (internet messaging system).
How to disable or disable automatic updates in Microsoft Office
Being such a complete system, Microsoft is designed with previous configuration aspects, including automatic updates.
The main point that justifies the updates is to provide users with a better experience. Since it allows you to train your systems with new products, services and even more advanced tools.
The updates are usually filed a little larger than the previous one and there are computers that are not compatible with these. So today we show you how to disable or deactivate them in two ways.
Turn off automatic updates through settings in Office
- Go to the start menu.
- Select the “Settings” option, you can also press the Windows symbol (it looks like four small boxes that form a bigger box) + the “L” key.
- Below are several icons, you must select “Update and security.“
- You will be presented with a list from which you must click on “Windows Update”.
- Select “Advanced Options”.
You may notice that the option to offer new update services was activated and you just have to uncheck it.
Disable automatic updates to Microsoft Office through Office.
To disable updates by this means from first entering any Office file, whether Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word among others.
- Access the “File or account” menu.
- You must select Office updates.
- You will find a panel with options such as: update now, view updates, and disable updates.
- We select «Disable updates».
- An item will appear asking you if you want to allow the application to make changes to the device and you must press accept.
Microsoft Office updates are in fact improvements made to the system of various files, they are made in order to reorder some of its own tools, or to include others that can be quite useful for users.
Microsoft has intelligently arranged for updates to be performed automatically to avoid inconvenience to users who constantly use this service.
However, the user may be comfortable with the way his program already works and does not require new technologies or tools.
- If at any time you want to enable automatic updates again, just follow the steps and click on the “Enable updates” option.
- It is advisable to create a system backup since if any file is misconfigured, the whole process can be reversed.
The archive package offered by Microsoft Office has been without a doubt one of the best creations that Windows has developed since it has simplified the lives of many users of the digital environment.
Those who use the internet and computer platforms almost daily. It has also allowed this service to be available on mobile devices, so you can purchase it from anywhere in the world at any time of the day. And if you can’t download it, you can correctly use Office for free Online.
Finally, we hope that this article has been to your liking, however, we would like to know, Do you consider it useful to disable these options?, Leave your opinion in the comments.