Tools to mass delete tweets
The first tool you could use is TweetDelete. It is a free web application that allows you to massively delete your Twitter posts, with age and text filters. You can also configure it to delete tweets according to a schedule, this is what you should do:
- Go to TweetDelete.net
- Sign in with your account Twitter in question
- Read the permissions and privacy notices
- Authorize the application
- You can delete up to 3,200 of your most recent tweets, with some limitations that, to unlock them, you must subscribe to the Premium version, for $ 15
- If you want to delete a specific topic, use the text filter and enter a keyword or phrase
- Choose the date range
- Ready, the tweets are gone never to return
With TweetEraser you can delete by date, delete retweets and “likes”
TweetEraser helps you clean up your Twitter feed, retweets and helps you visualize the “likes” you received. It works as follows:
- Go to tweeteraser.com
- Choose your payment plan or free use
- Login and authorize the app
- Click Get Latest Tweets to see a graph of your Twitter activity
- The dates and times in which you issued your tweets, how many retweets and likes you obtained and if you added any photos will be displayed
Now if you want delete the “likes” that you have given to other tweets that you would like to undo, just use Twitter Archive Eraser.
How to delete all your tweets
The TwitWipe app allows you to delete all tweets, retweets, likes, replies, media, and mentions posted to your account. This maneuver will leave followers intact and could be useful if you decide to transfer your account to someone else. If you want to do a full clean, just visit twitwipe.com and let the magic happen.
Before deleting, you can make a copy of your data
Remember to make a backup copy of all your data, especially if you are not so sure that you will not regret it after deleting everything that, for better or worse, is part of your Twitter story.
To obtain a copy of your data, you must go to the Settings and privacy menu of Twitter, click on “Your account” and choose the option to “Download a file with your data.” Then you only have to confirm the action by entering the password. It may take a while for the information to send the file to you.