Overwatch 2 is now available for free to all users on all platforms: PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, Nintendo Switch, and PC (via Battle.Net). Blizzard is running into a lot of issues at launch due to the sheer number of people wanting to play the game and the DDos attack it suffered in its first few hours of life.
Overwatch 2 has come to stay. If you’re having trouble playing the game and feel like it, I recommend checking out the streams on Twitch. Not only are you going to see the game, but you are going to win free cosmetics as a legendary skin for Kiriko. I tell you how to get it.
Overwatch 2 Drops on Twitch
Blizzard and Twitch have announced that there will be two Overwatch 2 drop campaigns, starting on October 7. In case you didn’t know, drops work like this: you connect your Battle.Net and Twitch account, find a drop-enabled streamer, and watch them for as long as it takes to get the rewards.
Let’s start with the first step: How to connect your Battle.Net and Twitch account? It is very simple.
- Sign in to your Battle.Net account. You must have one even if you are a console gamer. Remember that you can link all of them to have crossave or cross progress.
- Accede to connections in the menu on the left.
- Find the Twitch section in the list and tap “Connect” on the right. Follow the steps and accept the connections. You will see it as in the image (with your name or nickname) when everything is correct.
- When the drops start and you earn them, you have to claim them in the rewards section of Twitch. Visit the Notifications tab for faster access and claim them.
Now that you have connected your accounts, write down these dates in your diary:
- Available from October 7 to 17, 2022: Sukujam Kiriko (Legendary skin). You must watch a live for six hours.
- Available from October 17 to 24, 2022: Donut Weapon Charm and a Spray. You must watch a direct for three and two hours respectively.
To get all the drops you will have to watch Overwatch 2 for a total of 11 hours… or at least keep an open stream. If you desperately need the drops, especially the Sukujam Kiriko skin, and you don’t have as much time as you’d like, I’ll give you several tips:
- leave your computer on with at least two Overwatch 2 streams with open drops or one that you know is going to be live for six hours. You can go to work, study, play or whatever you want.
- background windows: You can enter a live stream and turn the live volume down to almost the minimum. I do not recommend muting the direct because there have been cases of not counting hours. Minimize that window and go see something else.
- open a directly on your mobile and connect some headphones to have it silenced.
You can also choose to see all hours. If you decide to do any of the above, remember to lower the quality to the minimum (160p). I hope it works for you and that you get the drops!