CBD, or cannabidiol, is one of the most popular cannabinoids in cannabis alongside THC or tetrahydrocannabinol. The difference between CBD and THC is that CBD doesn’t have those harmful effects of THC, that is to say, does not have the psychoactive effects, although it could have certain therapeutic effects.
CBD, as mentioned in the previous paragraph, is a cannabinoid, which comes from the Cannabis sativa plant. To CBD, although it is not the subject of this article, it seems that certain analgesic, anxiolytic and anti-inflammatory functions are attributed to it.
Something to keep in mind is that unlike THC, CBD is legal and totally safe according to current studies. Cannabis and THC were banned in 1961 and 1971, promising to use these two substances for medical and scientific purposes.
Which CBD Should You Choose?
Knowing that CBD is totally safe and legal, here we explain, when choosing a CBD oil, which one you should take.
- Very important that does not contain THCCheck the labeling of the CBD oil that you are going to buy.
- Observe that there is a concentration of at least 10%. If you buy a lower concentration CBD, you will have to use a higher dose and the bottle will run out much sooner. Typically, people who start taking CBD, starts with a 10% concentration and gradually increases.
- Buy CBD oil isolate, that is, it only contains CBD, because if not, we will be buying, within the CBD oil, other types of cannabinoids and phytonutrients at a golden price.
- The container must be glass and come with a dropper dispenser.
- Do not expect miracles or you will be disappointed. CBD oil, like all other supplementation, shouldn’t be the basis for anything. Try it and draw conclusions for yourself.
How to use CBD correctly?
CBD can be consumed in several different ways and we explain how:
- There are certain plants that have been modified so that there is no THC, so smoking those plants would not have any harmful psychoactive effects. Still, as it is not CBD oil, we recommend the following ways to take it.
- Sublingual: Under the tongue there are a lot of capillaries, so putting the drops of CBD oil under the tongue will make the CBD concentrations in the blood rise more quickly.
- Topical use: Topical use, normally applied in the form of a cream, is applied in order to soothe some type of pain or inflammation.
In Vitónica | Cognitive damage from marijuana is not permanent: in the first month of abstinence we can improve learning ability.
In Vitónica | What Are The Differences Between CBD And Marijuana Explained By Science
Images | iStock.