If you have used TikTok, you are probably used to losing your favorite videos after a long session on the app. A real tragedy, and that is, if you didn’t like it, add it to favorites or save it on your mobile, it is likely that you will never be able to see it again… At least that’s how it was before we discovered this trick that We come to show you today. With these steps, you can quickly access the history of videos already seen on TikTok.
The truth is that TikTok does have a full-fledged viewing history. However, it is a function that must be activated before they can be displayed. But don’t worry, there is a way to access the videos you’ve watched before, even if you haven’t turned on video history.
This solution has become quite viral in the TikTok app itself. Here, users have taken the opportunity to share with everyone the discovery of this interesting feature. Of course, it is our job to bring it to you so that you also achieve your goal: access secret view history on TikTok.
In case you want to be more finicky, apparently there is another way to get your search history as well. It is not the most accessible alternative, but it is quite effective. Just keep reading to find out the procedure that best suits you..
How to access the history of videos already watched on TikTok
- The first thing you will have to do is open your TikTok app on your device.
- Once you are at the beginning, you just have to look for the magnifying glass icon in the upper right corner. This way you can access the application’s search bar.
- In the bar, write a simple asterisk. Technically this step should work with anything you write, but there are reports that the asterisk allows more videos you’ve already watched to be displayed. Afterwards, tap on Search.
- Several videos will appear on the screen. Focus on looking for the icon Settingsjust below the Search button in the upper right corner.
- In this menu, activate the option videos watched. Then tap on Apply.
- The page will refresh. Now, you will be able to see all the videos you have recently watched. Just look for the one you lost and don’t forget to add it to favorites so it doesn’t happen again.
Note that with this trick you will not be able to sort the results by viewing date. TikTok will arrange everything according to the relevance of the videos. Because of this, it will probably take you a while to find the latest videos you’ve watched, as there is no indicator to start searching at a specific point.
On the other hand, this function sometimes can predict the videos you haven’t watched yet, but which will appear soon on your For You page. We don’t know exactly why, but maybe it’s because TikTok preloads videos in the cache for smoother playback.
Turn on Official Video History
As we already mentioned at the beginning of the guide, TikTok does have a history of videos that have already been viewed. However, for some reason it is a function that you must activate before you can see the results on the screen. Of course, once you do, each TikTok that appears on the screen will be stored without any extra step on your part, and unlike the previous step, it will be chronologically.
- Go to your profile on TikTok.
- Then tap on the three lines in the top right corner and go to Settings and privacy.
- Scroll through the menu until you find Viewed video history.
- Enter and activate the function.
If you want to put it to the test, go to your main page and start viewing content. After, come back and you can see how all the videos have been stored in this new section.
Request your data from TikTok
This is the second method that we mentioned at the beginning of the guide. According to some reports, TikTok can give you a list of all the videos you’ve watched when you ask for your data to download. Of course, keep in mind that this procedure is not the most indicated. The reason is that, in addition to having to wait at least a day to get a response from the application, you would get just a file with links quite complicated to interpret.
If you still want to continue with the procedure, you just have to follow these steps.
- In the TikTok app, go to your profile.
- Here, tap on the three horizontal lines at the top left corner.
- go to Settings and privacy.
- Now go to the section manage account and then enter download data.
- Choose the format TXT for added convenience.
As we already explained to you, TikTok may take a few days to contact you with your downloaded data. The estimate is one day, so stay tuned to be able to download your document and see all the videos you’ve seen.
This also includes other important information, such as your username, profile picture, description, and contact information. You will also be able to see your privacy settings, notifications and languages. All comments, conversations, purchases, likes and favorites will also be here.