The Microsoft Office office automation platform has always maintained a high level of quality. Its applications are essential tools for writing documents, creating presentations or making spreadsheets. By 2010 Microsoft made an update that far exceeded its previous versions, with a more intuitive interface. But the common problem that many users have when using Microsoft Office 2010 is activating the product.
Although it is a great tool, activating the product can be cumbersome. Some users even claim that after having validated the product license it appears as not active or invalid license.
How do I know if I have Office activated?
The most obvious way to know if your Office is activated is by opening one of the applications, be it Word, Excel or PowerPoint. When you open the application, the first thing you will find is a warning message to indicate that Microsoft Office is not activated.
Another way to find out is by clicking on the File tab (Alt + A shortcut) and then on the Help section. You should see a message that tells you that the software is not activated.
How to activate Microsoft Office 2010 on your PC?
To activate MO 2010, in most cases you will need to have the product key on hand.
Product activation by phone
Each region or country has a phone number assigned to activate it. Check which one corresponds to you according to your country. You can check on this page which is the phone number that corresponds to your country.
- Open the activation wizard from the help page of any of the Microsoft Office applications. Click the File menu, then Help.
- Click Activate Product Key.
- Call the number that corresponds to your country.
- You must enter the facility identifier number that appears on the screen. As well as other information you will be asked to validate your identity and are necessary for activation.
- You will receive a confirmation identifier that you must place on the bottom side of the screen.
- Once you’ve made sure everything is spelled correctly, hit Enter. The product should already be activated.
In case you are unable to activate after following these steps, call the system again, but do not choose any option. Just wait for your call to be transferred to someone who can help you with product activation.
Product activation from the application.
To activate through some of the office suite applications you must have an Internet connection. The process is done through the Activation Wizard.
- Open any MO 2010 application and click on File, Help option – Activate product key.
- If you do not have the product key activate button available, it is because the software license is already active used on another PC.
- Now you just have to follow the instructions in the activation wizard and have all the product license details at hand.
Use an activation license more than once
Sometimes it is necessary to reinstall a PC’s operating system and reinstall existing programs. Office licenses allow you to reinstall an already used license on a PC.
In case you want to install Office on more than one PC, you can do it according to the license you have. There are licenses that allow you to install on several PCs, check what type of license your Office has.