The dark mode is something that little by little is becoming more and more popular. There are many applications that already include this mode that allows us not only to rest our eyes a little more. If not that, for those who have OLED screens they can save battery since the pixels are completely turned off.
There are some applications that allow us to activate the dark mode without having to depend on the manufacturer of the device or the version of Android. Although they are counted on the fingers of one hand. At least for now.
The other problem is that to activate the dark mode. At least for now, it can only be done on Android 10. All of this, unless the device manufacturer has said mode included in its customization layer.
However, there is a way to activate this mode regardless of whether you have Android 10 or the manufacturer of your mobile. We are going to use a fairly simple app that will allow you to have the dark mode activated in Instagram, Chrome and other applications that you use daily.
Activate dark mode on Android Quick and easy!
- The first thing we will do is download an application called Dark Mode which you can find in the Play Store.
- The application is actually quite simple. As soon as we open it we will be able to appreciate that it gives us three options: day mode, night mode and auto , which would be light, dark and automatic mode respectively.
- Here you will have to select the dark mode ( Night mode ).
- In this way, all applications that support dark mode will switch to that mode immediately. Just close the app and everything will be dark, as long as the app supports it.
- What this app does is “order” all the applications you have on your mobile device to activate the dark mode as long as they are ready to work with it.
In this way, apps like Instagram, Google Chrome, Photos, Drive, Play Store, among others . They will go into dark mode which will allow you to save battery throughout the day. In apps that do not have support for this mode, it will not be activated.
How to activate dark mode for Android in all applications
What you should keep in mind is that no matter how you try in all possible ways, if the app does not support dark mode then you will not be able to activate it in any way. It will be a matter of waiting for important apps like Gmail to be updated to support this mode.
As you can see, it is extremely easy to have the dark mode on your mobile device . For now it is not perfect, not all apps have this mode and it is a real shame. But we hope that over time this will change, especially now that it is becoming more and more popular.
In case you want to save a little more battery, something you can do is make small modifications such as changing the wallpaper of your mobile for a darker one. You can even change the background of WhatsApp chats, an app that is widely used and a change of this kind would be noticeable in the autonomy of the device.
If you have any recommendations or questions on how to activate dark mode on Android. We invite you to leave it in the comments section which you can find a little below and we will be happy to help you in whatever is necessary.
In See how it is done you will also find articles on how to put or put Instagram in black without activating dark mode, how to enable or activate the new dark mode in Google Chrome for Android and how to activate dark mode in Google Docs.