The Pokémon player community is delving into the Sinnoh remakes, with Pokémon Shining Diamond and Shimmering Pearl, where players can catch Pokémon from previous generations, such as Hoenn’s favorite Flygon.
Something that seems quite curious to us is that, the Dragon type has one of the rarest generation rates in the Gen IV remaster. So we will show you the fastest way to catch Trapinch, as well as its evolutions in Pokémon Shiny Diamond and Shining Pearl.
Where to find Trapinch
Trainers looking to add Flygon to their squad will have to wait a while, as the Gen III Dragon can only be obtained after beating the main story. Even after becoming the new Champion of Sinnoh, you will need to unlock the character by completing the following steps:
- After defeating Cynthia, complete the Sinnoh Dex by seeing all 150 Pokémon in the region.
- Talk to Professor Rowan in his lab in Sandgem Town to unlock the National Pokedex and the PokeRadar.
- Travel to Route 228 and enter a section of grass. Use your PokeRadar and walk towards one of the four shaky patches of grass.
- Repeat this process until Trapinch appears. It has a 2% spawn rate in BDSP, so it may take a while.
Trapinch can also be found in the Grand Underground. Appears in Rocky Cave, Sandsear Cave, and Big Bluff Cavern Hideaways. Like Route 228, it is a rare spawn.
How to get Vibrava
Players who caught Trapinch on Route 228 will need to accumulate experience points to trigger their evolution to Vibrava.
- Trapinch evolves into Vibrava at level 35. Players can level up to Gen III ‘mon by participating in battles with wild Pokémon.
- You can also use a rare candy to instantly increase its level by one.
Vibrava can also be found in the Grand Underground at Rocky Cave, Sandsear Cave, and Big Bluff Cavern Hideaways.
Evolution of Flygon in Pokémon Shiny Diamond and Shiny Pearl
Trainers who caught Vibrava in Grand Underground will have ‘mon at levels 58-63. As a result, you can evolve Flygon using only one Rare Candy. Those who caught Trapinch via the PokeRadar method on Route 228 will need to increase the Earth-type mon’s levels by 20 as it evolves into its final form at level 45.
The fastest way to get Flygon is to travel to the Pokémon League after unlocking the National Pokédex. Once there, use your Explorer Kit to access the Grand Underground. On the right is the Big Bluff Cavern Hideaway. Vibrava generates a lot in this room and is of a high level, so you will have everything covered.