The first season of House Of The Dragon has had an impact on social networks, so at the end of each episode, Twitter is automatically filled with memes referring to the events experienced during the chapter.
The comparisons between both productions, in a joking tone, have intensified in each episode that portrays certain similarities regarding the development of some characters.
House Of The Dragon And Shrek Comparisons
The most common between both productions are:
- Alicent Hightowers and Princess Fiona’s green dress
- Prince Aegon II Targaryen’s resemblance to Lord Farquaad
- The Targaryen family dinner with Shrek’s dinner and Princess Fiona’s family.
- The death of King Viserys I with the death of King Harold
- Princess Rhaenyra’s wedding when she is carried by Ser Harwin Strong and its similarity to a scene from Shrek with Fiona
- The imposing arrival of Rhaenys with her dragon and its similarity to Donkey’s arrival at the wedding between Lord Farquaad and Fiona
And there may be more similarities, in social networks they have been in charge of making the constant comparison between both productions.
Shrek was a classic of American animation released in 2001, directed by New Zealander Andrew Adamson and American Vicky Jenson, produced by DreamWorks Animation and distributed by DreamWorks Pictures. Its success prompted her to make up to four sequels, launching the last one in 2010.
These are the most popular comparisons on Twitter: