This new alternative, among other functions, will offer its users the option to store cards, passes, tickets, codes and identification documents directly in the app.
How does Google Wallet work?
Since the Google Wallet will use the same services of the company, users will be able to take advantage of it in a variety of services.
The procedure to use Google Wallet is as follows:
- Load one of your cards, remember that you can only use this app if your bank has a token service and if it already has native support from Google.
- Google will store said token, so your information will be encrypted and you will be able to make all your movements online and in terminals with NFC support.
- The Google Wallet will only be available for devices that allow users to be identified through biometric verification, as well as having their own NFC for proximity payments.
- For online purchases, it is expected to integrate the Pay with GPay button. This function will require verification through the smartphone of the user’s identity when making a purchase. Google is still working to make it possible to use Google Wallet anywhere that accepts NFC payments.
- Google Maps features will be added.
- Google Wallet will only be available for Android and Wear OS devices.
Which banks will Google Wallet be available to?
In addition to Visa and Mastercard, the business partners with which Google Wallet will be working are the banks Banorte, Inbursa, Nu, Banregio and its sister brand Hey Banco. As reported by Google, they hope to collaborate in the future with Santander, RappiCard and BBVA.
Google Wallet will also be available for airlines and other services
Aeroméxico, Volaris, Proscai and Cinemex are other companies with which the Google Wallet is already working and in which they will be able to use the tool to pay. Google reported that in the future it will collaborate with Viva Aerobús.
Editorial Team The editorial team of EMPRENDEDOR.com, which for more than 27 years has worked to promote entrepreneurship.