google maps is an application that is installed by default in most of today’s smartphones, however, it is likely that when you used it for the first time you have granted it all the permissions of the device without realizing it, since it is a program Developed by those at Alphabet, Inc., feature that gives you confidence.
Among the accesses of your cell phone with operating system Android If the location or GPS is present, it means that the aforementioned mapping platform will always know where you are, except if you have disabled location history, which is not very frequent because this option is hidden among the internal settings of Google Maps. On this occasion, from Depor we will teach you a simple trick so that you know the places that your partner has visited.
Follow in your partner’s footsteps with this secret Google trick
- First, open google maps on your partner’s Android phone.
- Now, click on the icon of your profile photo that is located in the upper right corner.
- Several options will be displayed, tap on the section that says “Your routes” > “Continue”.
- Here you will get a pop-up window called “Today”, press it and the current calendar will open.
- Select a certain date.
- Google Maps will show you all the places your partner has visited, from places with specific addresses, to shopping malls, nightclubs, etc.
How to delete Google Maps location history?
- Go back to the routes and press the icon of the three points (top right).
- Click on “Settings and privacy”.
- Scroll down and tap the “Location history is on” option > choose an email, if you use more than two Gmail accounts on your phone.
- Finally, click on “Deactivate”.
How to change the map region in Google Maps?
- What you must do first is to enter your account google maps.
- In the upper left corner, click on the three horizontal lines.
- Once done, scroll down the screen and tap on search settings.
- Scroll down the screen to the section Region Settings.
- In this part you will find different countries that you can choose from.
- Pick one and hit Keep.
- Finally, go back to the main map and you will see how the region has been changed.
- Keep in mind that you can always reset your options and return to your home region for local searches.