The Ford Puma is brand new. The range of Ford’s small SUV is enriched with the arrival of the new ST-Line X Gold version. A trim level that combines a sporty exterior design with extensive standard equipment and, what is equally relevant, the ECO label thanks to its electrified mechanics.
In the second half of last year, Ford decided to give greater prominence to the sports variant of its small SUV. The Ford Puma ST enriched its offer with a special edition created by and for fans. The Puma ST Gold Edition. Now, some time after its commercial journey began, the iconic blue oval firm introduces a version that refers to said special edition to the range of the standard model. The new Ford Puma ST-Line X Gold.
The new version that lands in the Puma range stands out for several reasons. Among them, for showing off a sporty exterior design although without reaching the extreme of what an ST model entails. To this we must add the endowment and an electrified mechanics. Let’s go into detail.
The equipment of the new Ford Puma ST-Line X Gold
Based on the ST-Line finish, the new ST-Line X Gold version boasts equipment and is directly positioned as the previous step to the sporty ST variant. We then review the highlights of standard equipment:
- 18-inch alloy wheels
- ST-Line X Sport Exterior Package
- Multiple airbags (front, side and curtain)
- Lane departure warning
- Automatic lighting and rain sensor
- LED taillights
- LED daytime running lights
- halogen headlights
- Fog lights
- Electrically adjustable and heated exterior mirrors
- Darkened rear windows
- Power windows
- Auto Progressive Dimming Interior Rearview Mirror
- Front center armrest
- Mixed fabric and leather upholstery
- Height adjustable front seats
- Central locking with remote control
- Keyless entry and start system
- Leather-wrapped gear shift knob and handbrake knob
- adaptive cruise control and speed limiter
- wireless charger for mobile phones
- air conditioner
- SYNC 3 multimedia system with 8-inch touch screen
- Android Auto and Apple CarPlay
- Front and rear parking sensors
- rear view camera
- 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster
The electrified engine of the new Ford Puma ST-Line X Gold
Regarding the mechanical section, under the hood of this new version of the Puma there is a 1.0-litre EcoBoost petrol engine which develops a power of 155 hp and 190 Nm of maximum torque. A block that can be associated with a Manual gearbox six speed or one automatic transmission double clutch and seven relationships. The power is sent to the front axle.
Video comparison of the Ford Puma with the Hyundai Kona, very popular SUVs in the competitive segment B
Ford Puma ST-Line X Gold prices in Spain
Prices valid from March / 2022 without including discounts or other promotions
The main key of said engine is that it is electrified with 48-volt mild hybrid (MHEV) technology. A technology that, in addition to significantly reducing fuel consumption and emissions, allows the Ford SUV to show off the ECO environmental label from the DGT
(General Directorate of Traffic) with all the mobility advantages that this entails.