social program Families in Actionestablished by the National Government of Colombia, Its main purpose is to improve the life circumstances of the most disadvantaged families in Colombia. This program is focused on households that are in situations of extreme poverty, moderate poverty and economic vulnerability.
However, at the end of 2022, President Gustavo Petro announced that the Familias en Acción social program was coming to an end; however, instead, the implementation of the Shock Plan Against Hunger began, and the a special payment in the form of a bonus of $500,000 to families that had previously been receiving the subsidy.
Likewise, public policies that include Familias en Acción, Ingreso Solidario, Jóvenes en Acción, among others that provided economic support to people with low incomes in Colombia, will undergo a transition process towards a new program called “Citizen Income ”. In this DEPOR note, find out all the details of this benefit.
When do Families in Action 2023 pay?
The last payment cycle of the Familias en Acción program began on December 26, 2022 and ended on January 15, 2023. Currently, the Department for Social Prosperity has not yet confirmed a new payment cycle, however, they urge all citizens to update their Sisbén data. This platform is the only one used to identify and distribute economic resources to the population. This is a fundamental requirement to be able to collect the bonus.
These were the payment dates for Familias en Acción:
- From December 7: Families that did not receive State subsidies (group A)
- From December 7: Solidarity Income beneficiaries who are unbanked from group A of Sisbén IV (who do not have a bank account or registered financial product)
- From December 15: Beneficiaries of Solidarity Income who are banked from group A of Sisbén IV.
- From December 21: Participants of the Jóvenes en Acción program who completed cycle 6 in 2022.
- As of December 26: Households participating in the Familias en Acción program (Parents with children under 6 years of age will receive the transfer).
How do I know if I am a beneficiary of Familias en Acción?
To find out if your family is part of Families in Action: targeted families.prosperidadsocial.gov.co/
- Enter the option ‘Check here if it is targeted’.
- Type the type of document (identity card, citizenship card, civil registry or foreigner’s card).
- Write the number of the document.
- Write your first name and then the first last name
- Indicates the date of issue of the document.
- Check the box ‘I am not a robot’ and wait for the system to verify the information.