Elon Musk asks his followers if they want an edit tweet button

Elon Musk asks his followers if they want an edit tweet button

Elon Musk had been questioning freedom of expression on Twitter for a few days and hinting at the possible creation of a social network as an alternative to the one founded by Jack Dorsey. Finally, the tycoon has decided to buy 9.2% of the company now run by Parag Agrawal for a value of 2,890 million dollars, and it has only taken a few hours since the news broke to tweet about it on his personal account. This time, asking his followers if they want an edit button on the platform.

In the tweet, Elon Musk launches a clear question: “Do you want an edit button?”accompanied by a survey with two options: “yse” and “on”, which could be translated as “yes” and “no”, but clearly the businessman has written on purpose to insinuate the need for a button to modify the tweet and so on. fix bugs.

The survey, 16 hours from the end of the writing of this article, has more than 2.2 billion votes. 73.7% of respondents do want an edit button on Twitter. The remaining 26.3% do not.

A tweet published by the profile of @Erdayastronaut as a response to the survey that Elon Musk initially shared, suggests that the edit button should be under some conditions. “That it’s only available for a few minutes, 5-10 minutes. And when an edit is made, that there’s a little link that shows the edit. This keeps a public record but allows the tweeter to fix a simple mistake and not go back.” notify your followers with a new tweet. Musk has responded by claiming that those terms “sound reasonable.”

Read:  Agenda of the Olympic Games, day 15: volleyball won the bronze medal in the classic against Brazil and the USA won the gold medal in men's basketball

Twitter CEO Parag Agrawal responds to Elon Musk’s survey

Parag agrawal He has also responded to the Elon Musk survey by referring to one of the most important tweets from the CEO of Tesla and SpaceX in recent weeks. “The consequences of this survey will be important. Please vote carefully”has said the current CEO of Twitter.

This same phrase was written by the tycoon when he asked his followers if they believe that the social network adheres to the principles of freedom of expression. Just a week after that tweet was published, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission it reflected the purchase of 9.2% of Twitter shares by Elon Musk.

It’s unclear if Elon Musk is joking about the possibility of including an edit button on the social network, and if Parag Agrawal posted that response, also as a joke. However, the possibility of modifying the text of the tweets once they have been published is a function highly requested by the users of the platform, and that for the moment the company has not included.