Zucchini meatballs are ideal for improving the nutritional quality of vegetarian or flexible diets. Find out how to make them in easy steps.
Zucchini meatballs are an excellent option to increase the presence of vegetables in the diet. They stand out for their content of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and because they are easy to make. They are also ideal for meal planning, as they keep well in the refrigerator.
First of all, keep in mind that the intake of plant-based foods is more than indicated in the context of almost any diet. These foods contain a large amount of micronutrients and phytochemicals, elements necessary to maintain good health. Do you dare to try this recipe?
Zucchini meatballs: how to make them?
A study published in the journal Nutrients states that zucchini is a source of beta-carotene, zeaxanthin, lutein, vitamin C, among other bioactive compounds beneficial to health. Therefore, recipes like these meatballs are ideal for improving the nutritional quality of the diet.
- 4 courgettes.
- Salt to taste).
- Egg (1 or 2).
- 1 cup of cheese ricotta (200g).
- 1 cup of breadcrumbs (200 g).
- Italian seasoning (15 g).
- 3 tablespoons of fresh basil (45 g).
- 3 tablespoons of fresh parsley (45 g).
- 1 tablespoon of pepper (15 g).
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (30 ml).
- 1 medium onion cut into cubes.
- 2 cloves of minced garlic.
Instructions for preparing zucchini meatballs
- It is important to start by cutting the base of each zucchini. Next, use a grater to shred the vegetable and put the result in a large bowl.
- Then, add the salt, mix well and let stand for about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 190 degrees.
- The next step consists of squeezing the courgette with a kitchen cloth, then taking it to a bowl where the egg, the breadcrumbs, the ricotta, Italian seasoning, basil, parsley, pepper, olive oil, onion and garlic. Mix everything well until you get a uniform result.
- Now, form small balls and bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the meatballs are golden brown.
- To finish, serve them with pasta or the companion you prefer.
Zucchini is a versatile food, ideal for any type of diet. If incorporated into a balanced eating plan, It can induce various benefits for the body. Next, we detail the most relevant.
Improves bowel function
Zucchini is a source of fiber. this substance have demonstrated be very positive for digestive function. Not only does it help improve intestinal transit, but it can also prevent the development of complex pathologies such as colon cancer. In addition, it promotes the growth of the bacteria that make up the microbiota, which reduces the risk of dysbiosis.
Prevents the development of chronic pathologies
It is important to note that zucchini, like other vegetables, stands out for the presence of antioxidant substances inside. These compounds neutralize the formation of free radicals and its subsequent accumulation in the tissues of the organism.
This mechanism is associated with a lower incidence of complex pathologies, according to a study published in the journal Journal of Complementary & Integrative Medicine. Now, it is important to ensure a varied consumption of vegetables so that this effect develops efficiently.
Each type of antioxidant preferentially attacks a tissue or group of cells, therefore, maintaining a broad spectrum of them in the diet will cover the body’s requirements.
Helps to generate satiety
The fiber in zucchini not only positively impacts digestive function, but can also help with weight control. According to a research published in the journal European Journal of Clinical Nutrition, this substance manages to increase the feeling of satiety, which makes it possible to propose a hypocaloric diet that generates adherence.
It is important to keep in mind that maintaining a good state of body composition will be decisive in promoting health. Under situations of obesity or overweight, the inflammatory and oxidative mechanisms in the internal environment are increased.
Prepare zucchini meatballs at home
As you have seen, it is really easy to prepare tasty and healthy zucchini meatballs at home. They can be included in the diet frequently, both in vegan and flexible feeding contexts. They provide an excellent supply of nutrients and phytochemicals that help improve health.
You might be interested…