A patient identified on her social networks as Marian Pedroza, has viralized a video on social networks through her TikTok account where she comments that she went to the emergency area of a health center to discover a plug of earwax was the origin of the problem due to which he had lost hearing in one of his ears.
It should be noted that the viralized video on social networks has more than 5.6 million views on TikTok. During the video you can see the female patient surrounded by two members of the health personnel to perform an ear wash.
During the procedure to remove the earwax plug that caused the hearing problem from the patient’s ear, the health professional applied a liquid through a hose through a syringe through the ear to extract the excess wax that had formed. .
@marian.pedroza I thought I was going deaf forever, video by @Pablo Stanley #wax #match #earwax #ear #ear #earwax #hospital #hospitalspanish #satisfying #satisfyingvideo ♬ original sound – Mariana
What are the causes that cause the earwax plug?
According to Medline Plus, Earwax protects the ear:
- Trapping and preventing dust, bacteria and other microorganisms, as well as small objects, from penetrating and causing damage to the ear.
- Protecting the delicate skin of the ear canal to prevent it from becoming irritated when water enters it.
In some people, the glands produce more earwax than can be easily removed from the ear. This extra earwax can harden in the ear canal and block the ear, causing compaction.
When you try to clean the ear, you can actually push the earwax deeper and block the ear canal. For this reason, health care providers do not recommend picking in the ear to clean it.
How is the treatment for wax plugs?
According to MedlinePlus, most cases of earwax plugging can be treated at home. The following can be used to soften earwax:
- baby oil
- commercial ear drops
- Mineral oil
Another method is to remove the earwax by washing.
- Use water at body temperature (colder water may cause brief but very strong dizziness or vertigo).
- Hold your head up and straighten your ear canal by holding your ear and gently pulling up.
- Use a syringe (you can buy one at the store) to gently direct a small stream of water against the ear canal wall near the earwax plug.
- Tilt head to allow water to drain. Irrigation may need to be repeated several times.
Consult your healthcare provider before doing this yourself.