The Colombian President, Gustavo Petroannounced in December that the Solidarity Income it will stop paying in 2023 and confirmed a new subsidy to replace it. Its about Bonus of 500 thousand pesos, which began to be paid at the national level at the end of last year as an extraordinary transfer, within the Shock Plan against Hunger. In this note we tell you all the details of economic benefit in the country.
The Bonus of 500 thousand pesos began to be paid at the beginning of December, with a strategy to promote food sovereignty. The director of Social Prosperity, Cielo Rusinque, mentioned: “Education on the nutritional basket of the regions, affordable recipes, and community pots, which strengthen the social fabric, and peasant markets and service fairs.”
Who received the Bonus of 500 thousand pesos?
According to the Department of Social Prosperity, the beneficiaries that access this subsidy are families that are in poverty and extreme poverty, mostly headed by women.
- Head of household mothers who have children under 6 years of age.
- Beneficiaries of Solidarity Income who belong to group A of Sisbén IV.
- New beneficiary households of the Solidarity Income that have not received any aid.
- Beneficiaries of ‘Jóvenes en Acción’ who are mothers with daughters under 6 years of age who meet the program’s requirements (there is space for 6,500 people).
What happened to the Solidarity Income?
The Solidarity Income came to an end in December 2022, this program was born in the middle of the COVID 2019 pandemic thanks to the Department of Social Prosperity where a total of 4 million people were helped who benefited from this program, this will be transformed by the 500 thousand Bonus, mentioned above.
In accordance with Article 20 of Law 2155 of 2021, the last payment for both banked and unbanked beneficiaries was scheduled for the month of November – December. People who have not been able to claim their transfers should contact the DPS through their service channels.
Can the Bonus 500 thousand pesos still be collected?
The Government of Colombia under the command of Gustavo Petro has not ruled on the payment of the new bond of 500,000 pesos in January 2023, and the last payment date was December 31, 2022, however, The official announcement on the delivery of the new economic benefit for the most vulnerable households in the country is expected so that they can face the economic crisis.
How do I know if I am a beneficiary of the Solidarity Income?
- Enter solidary income.prosperidadsocial.gov.co
- Click the SIGN UP button located at the top right of the page.
- In the Digital Citizen Authentication service, log in with your ID number if you are already registered or go to REGISTER HERE.
- In the TYPE OF ACCESS, select REGISTRATION WITH IDENTITY DOCUMENT and continue with the process.
- Once you are registered, enter the program page again and log in (steps 1, 2 and 3).
- Upon entering the system, a window will appear with the information of the registered user. Check the data and close the window.
- Click on the CHECK TURNS AND BENEFICIARIES button. Finally, a window will appear with the information related to your household (if you are a beneficiary, household status, etc.).