This is the 95th edition of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
The delivery of the statuette will take place on March 12, 2023.
The face of this live event will be host and producer Jimmy Kimmel.
With this announcement, the studios of the entertainment giant lead the list of nominations for installments such as “Avatar: The Way of Water”, “The Spirits of the Island”, “Empire of Light”, “Black Panther: Wakanda Forever” and many more.
The awards are different and vast, from “Best Picture” to “Best Cinematography”, “Best Supporting Actress”, “Best Production Design”, “Best Sound” and “Best Visual Effects”.
Oscars 2023: Full List of The Walt Disney Company Nominations:
THE SPIRITS OF THE ISLAND | SearchlightPictures. I train in theaters February 2.
- Best Picture – Graham Broadbent, Pete Czernin and Martin McDonagh, producers.
- Best Director – Martin McDonagh.
- Best Actor – Colin Farrell.
- Best Supporting Actor – Brendan Gleeson.
- Best Supporting Actor – Barry Keoghan.
- Best Supporting Actress – Kerry Condon.
- Best Original Screenplay – Martin McDonagh.
- Best Editing – Mikkel EG Nielsen.
- Best Music (Original Score) – Carter Burwell.
BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER | Marvel Studios. Available on Disney+ on February 1.
- Best Supporting Actress – Angela Bassett.
- Best Costume Design – Ruth E. Carter.
- Best Original Song for “Lift Me Up” – Tems, Ludwig Göransson, Rihanna, Ryan Coogler.
- Best Makeup and Hairstyling – Camille Friend and Joel Harlow.
- Best Visual Effects – Geoffrey Baumann, Craig Hammack, R. Christopher White, and Dan Sudick.
AVATAR: THE PATH OF WATER | 20th Century Studios. In theaters.
- Best Picture – James Cameron and Jon Landau, producers.
- Best Sound – Julian Howarth, Gwendolyn Yates Whittle, Dick Bernstein, Christopher Boyes, Gary Summers and Michael Hedges.
- Best Production Design – Dylan Cole and Ben Procter; Decoration of sets: Vanessa Cole.
- Best Visual Effects – Joe Letteri, Richard Baneham, Eric Saindon and Daniel Barrett.
EMPIRE OF LIGHT | SearchlightPictures. Train in theaters February 23.
- Best Cinematography – Roger Deakins.
“Volcanoes: The tragedy of Katia and Maurice Krafft” | National Geographic Documentary Films. Exclusive on Disney+.
- Best Documentary Feature – Sara Dosa, Shane Boris and Ina Fichman.
the pupil | Disney Branded Television. Exclusive on Disney+.
- Best Live Action Short – Alice Rohrwacher and Alfonso Cuarón.
GRID | Pixar Animation Studios. Exclusive on Disney+.
- Best Animated Feature – Domee Shi and Lindsey Collins.
These results only confirm a trend seen from the audiovisual industry in the last year and represents a blow to another of the leading studios in Oscar nominations: Netflix.
And it is that, the platform of streaming who took 26 nominations in 2021 and swept 27 in 2022, this time he fell short of his opponent, adding only 16 nominations. Among these, nine recognitions to “No news at the front”An A blondeAn A “Knives in the Back: The Mystery of the Glass Onion”An A “Bardo, false chronicle of a few truths”An A “The Sea Monster”An A “Pinocchio”An A “The Elephant Whisperers” and one to “The Martha Mitchell Effect”.
It only remains to wait a month and a half to find out who of these two platforms manages to win the most statuettes, the result of audiovisual use and consumer trends that emerge from the new generations and creativity.
Oscars 2023: Full list of nominations
Netflix Passes on to the Oscars, Thanks to Its Investment in Pinocchio and Bard
3 uncomfortable questions that the Oscar 2023 must answer