Would you like to discover one of the most accessible destinations for climb in the west? He Nevado de Colima It is a setting with impressive panoramic views and for the bird and flora observationalso the ideal mountain for ecotourism and adventure sportsas mountaineering, mountaineeringhe hiking in volcanoes and the cycling of Mountain.
Villa Cassis Hotel Boutique
Sacred Moon Inn
Did you know Jalisco has in its territory around 600 dormant volcanoes? And of these, no historical eruption has been recorded, since they are very old and thousands of years have passed since their last activation. And, it is worth mentioning that the most impressive of the volcanoes that are part of this belt of inactive volcanoes in the region, is undoubtedly the one that protects the Nevado de Colima National Park.
He Nevado de Colima National Park and the Colima volcano They are located in the highest area of the mountainous system that is known as the Sierra of the Volcanoesat the western end of the Neovolcanic Axis. One of the attractions at first sight of these natural colossi is the contrast between the two peaks: the “Peak“, which is covered with snow sporadically and the Fire volcanowhich today is still considered an active volcano.
Taste the gastronomic delights of Tapalpa
Spend a day fishing in Lagunillas
Find adventures at Eko Park Tapalpa
The Nevado de Colima Volcano National Park, one of the most accessible climbing destinations in Mexico for beginners
He Nevado de Colima It is the seventh highest peak in Mexico and climbing to the top is an experience as intense as it is rewarding. Also, you should know that this is a safe experience for those who want to venture into hiking or mountaineering.
The climb to the peak takes a couple of hours. The first part of the path is wooded and easy, but as the path progresses, the vegetation becomes sparse and the soil becomes more and more sandy. This is the hardest part. Eventually the course becomes steep and rocky, but it is very well conditioned. Therefore, beyond physical condition, it is a challenge that can be faced without difficulty.
If you manage to reach the top, you will be greeted with a singular experience. Besides of Colima volcano you can glimpse the Pacific Ocean.
Lagoons La María and Carrizalillos
Explore the Volcano of Fire
Walk the Malecón de Manzanillo
Do you want to visit this destination to climb in Jalisco?
We share some tips to make the most of your expedition:
- To get to Nevado de Colimayou should know that this is approximately two and a half hours traveling by road from Guadalajara, the most popular starting point for most climbers. Another option is to stay in tapalpa.
- If you want to enjoy the experience to the fullest, make sure you leave equipped with everything you may need in the mountains: comfortable clothes to climb, warm clothes for the nights, a pair of boots, sunscreen, water, food, electrolyte tablets , energy bars, and a good first aid kit.
- It is worth mentioning that scaling the Fire volcano It is also possible, but only on certain days and it is necessary to have the guidance of an expert who knows the routes. Also, take into account that this is a much more difficult expedition and it is not recommended for people who do not have experience with it. volcano hiking.
When is the best time to visit this climbing destination?
The ideal is to enjoy this National Park when it’s covered in snow! And, in fact, it is common for this to happen during the winter, so you will love planning your getaway between the cold days of November to February.
Try to check the weather forecasts in advance.
Do you prefer a less demanding activity? These are other activities that you can do in this destination to climb:
For those who do not feel confident in their physical condition, there are paths that can be taken by car to the two viewpoints: Colima Snowy Viewpoint and Fuego Volcano Viewpoint. The views are spectacular from both points.
- Go to the education center for nature conservation and oyamel lodging,
- Take advantage of the camping areas! Nothing like a night in this beautiful natural space,
- Rest in the kiosks with grill and benches. The ideal after climbing is to eat something delicious and nutritious to recover energy,
- Observe the wonderful flora and fauna from the viewpoints. A perfect photo opportunity!
- Go with your loved ones to the environmental education center (open for group visits by prior arrangement)
- Walk the interpretive trails and learn more about this beautiful destination.
This is just one idea to design your next getaway full of adventure. However, in this directory you can find multiple options to create a trip to suit you.