Denise Maerker removes the LGBTTT+ flag from Televisa and fires mes pride

Denise Maerker removes the LGBTTT+ flag from Televisa and fires mes pride

Denise Maerker withdrew the LGBTTTQ+ flag of its emission and with it Televisa fired the month pride in an informative program that drew attention on networks since 2021, when he joined the commemoration of this community in Mexico.

Maerker is a well-known news anchor in Mexico, with popularity that has spread to social networks, where she has more than three million followers, only in Twitter and their activism in favor of inclusion or celebrating communities like the LGBTTTQ+, It is a measure that not only media such as Televisa carry outchannels in countries such as the United Kingdom have implemented very important internal measures, such as integrating drivers with disabilities into broadcasts.

The communication capacity of the media today, whether in Mexico or internationally, allows us to see cases as a Denise Maerker activating a flag of the LGBTTTQ+ community in its newscast, which helps to advance against old cultural stigmas.

The scenario that channels and news segments have patented, where Televisa has been operating for years, has given guidelines for these spaces to reassess communication from new social standards, where there is a clear demand from the audiences and the media that do not respond to it, will delay to your business.

SAME MEDIA, NEW TIMES

The action that Denise Maerker has been implementing since 2021, to commemorate Pride Month, is important for two reasons. First, Televisa responds to the demand that the audience makes to the media industryaccording to a Horowitz Research study. Second, it is relevant that a woman carry out this activation, due to the inequality that exists in the participation that women have compared to men, leading newscasts, according to a Women’s Media Center study.

Read:  What is emotional salary and how to implement it in your company

Television channels are the main business in the traditional media industry and add content strategies that cancel old stereotypes against inclusion and equal rights.

From this statement, let us first review what HorowitzResearch found in a study where today more than ever there is a new demand from audiences and the media that do not respond to it with their products, they would not be understanding their content consumer.

The platform assures that 68 percent of the audience interviewed in the United States, a country that has one of the most diverse populations in the world, considers that the representation of diversity in the media industry is important, so that the old stereotypes.

Within this study, another 58 percent are sure that the media industry plays a leading role in reinforcing stereotypes.

A WOMAN CELEBRATING PRIDE MONTH

To support the recognition that Denise Maerker has to celebrate Pride Month in her newscast since 2021, the Women’s Media Center found in one of the studies The most recent ones that he published, that the positions of news anchors are dominated by men, this in the United States, so it is a benchmark for what happens in other countries such as Mexico.

Within the study it was noted that there are 63 percent of men presenting news in that country, leaving only 37 percent of spaces in newscasts to do this same work.

A FLAG AND DIFFERENT CAPABILITIES

While in Mexico a company like Televisa joins new demands for content that recognize inclusion, representation not only in messages, but also in talent concerns media outlets like Channel 4, which has implemented important internal measures that help combat stigma , stereotypes and increase the inclusion and representation of people not only from communities such as the LGBTTTQ+, but also of people with different abilities.

The channel reported that for the last edition of the Beijing 2022 Winter Paralympic Games, its team of drivers was 100 percent made up of people with different abilities.

Seeing a country like Mexico, which in a developing economic context joins channels like Channel 4, in this effort to respond to the cultural demands for inclusion, diversity and representation that audiences have, speaks of the potential that the industry has of Mexican media and the opportunity for synergy that exists for the rest of the players in this industry.

Now read: