The article has been checked for accuracy (content includes links to reputable media sites, academic research institutions, and occasionally medical studies). All content on our website has been reviewed, however, if you believe our content is inaccurate, out of date or otherwise questionable, you may contact us to make the necessary corrections.
Since heat and soap work wonders to kill fleas in your home, you can use a steam cleaner or vacuum for infested places.
These small, rapidly multiplying insects are not easy to control. That is why if you suspect the presence of fleas in the house, you must act quickly to prevent a spread.
Most of the time they come into your home through your pet, who acquires them on walks or by being around infected animals. And even if you don’t have dogs or cats, they can still be at home, since they easily stick to clothes and shoes.
But do not worry! ANDThere are several options that will be of great help to end this problem.
1. Clean with a vacuum cleaner
Vacuum the floors, mattresses, and upholstery in your home It is a very effective way of cleaning to eliminate fleas.. Because you access the cracks and small spaces that are the favorite hiding place of these insects.
2. Wash the bedding
Hygiene plays a very important role in ending fleas in the house. First of all, Proceed to wash the sheets and any bedding that belongs to your pet with hot water and detergent. Then put the clothes in the dryer with a high temperature cycle or you can also take them out in the sun.
However, consider replacing old bedding with new ones if the flea infestation is severe.
3. Use a steam cleaner
Heat and detergent are your best friends when it comes to fighting fleas in any stage of his life. That is why a cleaning trick that you can put into practice to eliminate this pest is to use a steam cleaner for your carpets, your upholstery and even to clean the pet’s bed.
4. Use chemicals
Similarly, you can get rid of fleas in the house by using insecticides or chemical treatments. But it is essential that you be very careful, as they are toxic to people, pets and the environment.
Therefore, when using chemical products, take into consideration the following advice:
- Choose growth regulator insecticides and that they have adulticide. This serves to kill adult fleas as well as their eggs, larvae, and pupae.
- Use the product as an aerosol instead of on nebulizerbecause you can spray it in more specific places in the house.
- Apply the product with gloves and without the company of other people or pets.
- Wait for the insecticide to dry before coming into contact with the surface or room where it was applied.
5. Apply home remedies
In turn, there are home remedies that are a low-cost and less abrasive option than chemical ones. Among them the following stand out:
- White or apple cider vinegar combined with water. This mixture is ideal for scrubbing floors and removing fleas.
- Aromatic plants on the doors or windows of your house, whether lavender, basil, chamomile or mint. This remedy also helps you provide a pleasant aroma.
- olive oil with lavender to prepare a repellent. You just have to combine 10 drops of lavender and 2 tablespoons of olive oil with half a liter of water and add it to a spray bottle.
6. Trick with candles to eliminate fleas in the house
A very ingenious way to kill fleas is to attract them with a candle into a mixture of soapy water. It is very simple!
First of all, add water and 40 milliliters of soap in a container. Then you place the candle and light it. Finally, you turn off the light in the room and little by little the fleas will go to the light of the candle. So they fall into the mix.
In case you have a lot of fleas at home, repeat this remedy for a couple of days. Similarly, place the container near your pet, but not within reach of it.
Get rid of fleas in the house fast
It is of great importance that you quickly eliminate the fleas that inhabit your homebecause they can spread diseases and parasites, both to people and pets.
In fact, bites in people cause reddened skin, infections, allergic reactions and the appearance of bubonic plague. While the risk of dermatitis, typhus and cat scratch disease is still a concern.
It is clear that fleas represent a danger to everyone in the house. That is why you must exterminate them before they become an infestation.
You might be interested…