Foreigners from most of the world’s nations who wish to enter USA to do tourism or business they must have a visabut there is a group of nationalities that are within an exemption program called Visa Waiver Program. Do you know what they are and what it is about? Here we tell you.
He Plenary session of the Andean Parliament approved at the end of March 2023 a resolution, “to request the United States of America to eliminate the visa requirement for citizens of the Republic of Peru”. This resolution was approved in the plenary session, in which representatives from Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, Bolivia and Chile participated.
The document claimed the economic and political stability of Peruas well as the security of the country. At the moment, in the South American region only Chile has the visa exemption. Find out which other countries in the world have this benefit.
WHAT IS THE US VISA WAIVER PROGRAM ABOUT?
It’s about the program Visa Waiver Programwhich is part of the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). It is based on an automated system that helps determine eligibility to travel to the North American country and identify if the transfer presents any security or law enforcement risk.
An ESTA approval only authorizes a traveler to board a carrier for travel to the United States under the VWP. In the same way that a valid visa does not constitute a determination of admissibility, an approved ESTA is not a guarantee of admissibility to the United States at a port of entry.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE ESTA PROGRAM?
Next, meet How to travel to the United States with the ESTA program:
- Having a passport must be an electronic passport with a digital chip that contains biometric information about the owner of the passport.
- Allow stay up to 90 days.
- It is for tourist or business purposes.
- The request must be made at least 72 hours in advance.
- Once entered the application for access to the US without a visathe response will take only a few seconds to be issued.
- The travel authorization costs US$14 as an application fee and US$10 more upon approval.
- It is valid for two years, or until the applicant’s passport expires.
CITIZENS OF WHICH COUNTRIES ARE NOT REQUESTED A VISA TO ENTER THE UNITED STATES?
One of the essential requirements to be a beneficiary of the Visa Waiver Program is to be a citizen of a country or nation from the following list:
- Europe: Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Luxembourg, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Poland, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom (including England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland).
- Asia: Brunei, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan.
- Oceania: Australia and New Zealand
- America: Chili.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THE UNITED STATES
WHEN DO YOU HAVE TO EARN TO LIVE COMFORTABLY IN THE UNITED STATES?
The site found that a single person needs to earn, on average, US$68,499 a year to live comfortably. Income, after taxes, is what is needed for a comfortable lifestyle in the 25 metropolitan areas. KNOW MORE DETAILS HERE.
WHAT IS THE MOST AFFORDABLE AREA TO LIVE IN THE UNITED STATES?
The St. Louis metropolitan area in the state of Missouri is the most affordable place for the second year in a row, requiring $57,446 after taxes to live comfortably. Another alternative for those looking for cheaper locations is the Detroit-Warren-Dearborn metropolitan area, which was the second lowest in the SmartAsset report. US$58,358 is needed, despite a considerable increase of 24.39% compared to 2022.
HOW MUCH IS THE MINIMUM WAGE IN THE UNITED STATES?
By the end of 2022, according to Cnn in Spanish, the Department of Labor reported that the workers’ wages were $7.25 per hour. That figure was higher compared to 2021 when employees received anywhere from a few cents to 1.5 cents less per hour worked. MORE INFORMATION HERE.
WHAT IS THE EMPOWER LOAN PROGRAM?
Empower is a loan program for Santa Clara County residents looking to purchase their first home. In order to access, the person or family must have saved 3% of the value of the property they want to buy, so the Empower program can provide up to an additional 30%. Thus, with a down payment of up to 33%, the rate and installment of the mortgage will be lower. There is no limit to the value of the property that you want to acquire. KNOW MORE INFORMATION HERE.