It is no secret to anyone that every medical office requires the correct adaptation of furniture and specialized equipment in order to provide better service and care to patients, since comfort at work and care will generate a link between doctor and patient .
Today there are endless options of all sizes, colors and prices to furnish a health establishment, but not all properties are suitable for all offices, this will vary greatly depending on the service offered, either to attend appointments of general medicine, dentistry, dermatology or any other type. This is why it is important to know what are the needs that you want to meet.
Some of the substantial furnishings already to consider are:
- The seats for doctors, patients and companions. These will be used by everyone who enters the office, so they must be comfortable, clean and suitable for all types of public, including older adults and children.
- Seat designed for patient examination. It is essential that it be one that adapts to the needs of the doctor, the type of specialization, the level of the doctor and that provides comfort to both the patient and the health personnel.
- Weighing machine. It must be calibrated to the highest possible accuracy and maintenance must be carried out every time it is necessary.
- Baskets marked for the disposal of both hazardous and short-sharp waste
- Case of medicines, materials or instruments
It should also include specialized equipment designed to analyze the symptoms of patients and thus be able to offer a better and more effective treatment. The main items that should be counted on are:
- A sphygmomanometer or blood pressure monitor, which is used for indirect measurement of blood pressure, can be aneroid or electronic with a cuff.
- Stethoscope is an instrument that amplifies body noises, helping doctors to achieve a better perception of the signs usually located in the heart, lungs or abdomen.
- Lamp with an addressable beam, which serves to see the patient with greater pressure
Last but not least is the surgical instrument furniture, which is needed in case a quick surgery or immediate procedure must be performed. These instruments, like those mentioned above, must be properly sterilized and in perfect condition for use.
Some of the most common are:
- Box with lid for disinfectant solutions
- Scalpel handle
- Porta water
- Straight scissors
- Measuring tape
- Clinical thermometer
This is the list of some of the most common furniture when adapting a medical center or health office, although depending on the needs of each specialty it will be necessary to add or remove some of the elements mentioned above.