Just as it is important to include in our diet foods that promote our hair health, it is essential to avoid all those that may be harmful to hair growth
If you want your hair to grow faster and you no longer know what to do, pay attention. Maybe all you need is to change your diet.
And it is that on many occasions our food provides us with everything we need to solve our small problems. Keep reading!
Foods to grow hair
Salmon is a fish rich in omega 3 fatty acids. This nutrient is responsible for strengthening the follicles and stimulating hair growth.
This study demonstrates the result of consuming these acids regularly for half a year. This reduces the telogen period, that is, the fall phase of the hair follicles after the catagen.
- Thus, eating foods rich in omega 3 will help revive growth.
- In addition, salmon is also rich in vitamin B12 and iron, which also helps in this task.
Chicken is a type of meat rich in animal protein, essential to produce keratin. This substance makes up 80% of the hair.
- In the event that this protein is deficient for 2 or 3 months, the hair will stop growing at its usual rate and hair loss will appear.
- Other meats that can also help us to increase the consumption of animal protein are turkey and rabbit.
This type of dried fruit is rich in vitamin E. This nutrient helps activate hair growth and strengthens it.
- It is enough to consume about 20 almonds a day to obtain up to 70% of the recommended daily amount of this vitamin.
As if this were not enough, they are also rich in other series of highly recommended substances for hair. For example, biotin, fatty acids, and B vitamins.
The others are not only a real delicacy, but they are also very good for our hair. It is a food very rich in zinc that helps our hair grow faster and shine. It is enough to consume an oyster to obtain the recommended dose of this mineral.
If you can’t eat oysters every day, there are other options rich in zinc that are also very suitable for promoting hair growth. For example:
5. Pumpkin seeds
The seeds of pumpkin are rich in vitamins of group B. These are ideal for promoting hair growth and improving the condition of the scalp.
- To avoid hair loss you will have to introduce pumpkin oil into your diet. Thanks to its properties it is a great complement to problems such as alopecia.
Lentils contain a large amount of iron, one of the essential nutrients to ensure healthy hair growth. A serving of lentils contains about half the recommended daily dose of this food.
Also, lentils are rich in zinc and choline. These nutrients are essential to normalize the blood circulation of the scalp.
The egg is one of the foods with the most proteins that we can find. In addition, it provides us with a significant amount of vitamin B12.
If you consume this food regularly, your hair will grow stronger than ever and very fast. Try it and you will see!
Little recommended foods
Just as there are foods that can stimulate growth, there are others that we should avoid if our goal is to have healthy, strong hair that grows at a good pace. Sonaquellos that present refined processes of elaboration and with high contents of sugars and carbohydrates.
- It is a series of products that cause swelling, alter hormonal levels and favor the appearance of fungal infections. This directly promotes setbacks such as hair loss.
As for sugar, it can end up causing abundant hair loss, and even breakage of hair follicles (with the consequent growth deficit). Although this does not mean that the intake of sugars should be eliminated, since they have other properties, it is convenient to take it into account.
Finally, you just have to know how to control yourself and not abuse these types of products in your diet, and replace them with other healthier alternatives. Our hair will appreciate it.