If you like sweets, you cannot miss these Mexican tamales recipes that we are going to teach you. They can be prepared with different fillings and the result is very tasty.
Tamales are sweets of Mexican origin that can be filled with different ingredients to achieve, thus, incredible flavors. It is a dish accepted by almost everyone, although it should be consumed in moderation. Normally, they contain a significant amount of simple sugars, elements that, if ingested in excess, could be harmful for sedentary people.
It is good to remember that desserts have a place in the context of a balanced diet. The key is to optimize the frequency with which they appear. Also, it will be advisable to prepare them at home before opting for the industrial varieties that can concentrate trans fats and poor quality additives that compromise the functioning of the human physiology.
Of course, it would also be possible to prepare the hazelnut cream at home, although this takes more work. In the case of opting for the industrial product, it will always be positive to choose that variety without trans lipids. These have shown increase levels of inflammation in the body.
- 500 grams of corn dough.
- 1/2 cup of condensed milk.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1/2 cup of warm milk.
- 400 grams of Nutella.
- 1 pinch of salt.
- 200 grams of vegetable shortening or butter.
- 30 leaves for tamale.
Step by Step
- Soak the tamale leaves in hot water to soften them. The process can take around 30 minutes.
- To make the dough for the Nutella tamales, mix the corn dough, the baking powder and the lard in a bowl.
- Add the condensed milk and warm milk, and stir everything well.
- When the texture of the dough is homogeneous, include the Nutella in it, along with a pinch of salt. The result should be slightly moist.
- To assemble the tamales, place a portion of dough on the tamale leaf and wrap afterwards, closing well.
- Stack each of these elements on a steamer pot and cover with the leftover tamale leaves or with a damp cloth to cook for one hour. After some time they will be ready to enjoy them.
It is possible to make sweet tamales with different flavors and you can even use dye to provide the final organoleptic characteristics. In this case, the added sugar content is high.
For this reason, care should be taken with these foods in the case of people who have developed diabetes. When suffering from this pathology, it is usually positive to limit the intake of carbohydrates, according to a study published in Nutrients.
However, simple sugar can be included in the diet of healthy people from time to time. In the case of regular exercise, this nutrient could contribute to muscle recovery. exist evidence as its administration with a certain amount of protein stimulates the resynthesis of muscle glycogen.
- 500 grams of flour for tamale.
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder.
- 1 tablespoon of salt.
- 250 grams of vegetable shortening or butter.
- 1 can of condensed milk.
- 50 grams of sugar.
- 100 milliliters of milk.
- 2 drops of red vegetable coloring.
- Tamale leaves.
Step by Step
- Beat the butter until its texture becomes creamy. It may take around 10-15 minutes.
- At the same time, mix the dry ingredients; that is, the tamale flour, the baking powder, the teaspoon of sugar and the salt.
- Separately, moisturize the tamale leaves. Putting them in a container with warm water for 15 minutes will suffice.
- Once the butter is ready, Add the dry ingredients and mix everything again.
- Add milk and condensed milk; make sure that all the ingredients are properly integrated. It only remains to dye the dough with the red dye so that it is ready.
- The time has come to assemble the tamales. To do this, place a little of the dough on the tamale leaves. You can also add some raisins inside.
- Once armed, place them in a pot and cook them in a bain-marie for an hour over low heat. After some time, they will be ready for consumption.
Prepare Mexican tamales at home in a simple way
As you have been able to verify, It is not difficult to prepare Mexican tamales at home. They are a sweet and very tasty dessert that will please almost everyone. In addition, the fillings they present are varied, so the recipe can be adapted to create different alternatives to the consumer’s taste.
Finally, remember that it is important to moderate the presence of simple sugars in the diet. It is convenient to prioritize the contribution of complex carbohydrates and quality proteins and fats. In this way, many pathologies of a complex and metabolic nature can be prevented.
You might be interested…